Due to our impending move, we are offering tours and outreach programming only at this time. No craft workshops at the museum or birthday parties will be available this summer. We are sorry for any inconvience this causes.
The Denver Museum of Miniatures, Dolls and Toys offers programming for everyone. Our workshops strive to enrich, educate and entertain all while keeping with the Museum’s mission. We keep our prices affordable because we believe everyone should have a chance to experience the joy.
Our workshops for adults and children are offered throughout the year and we are always coming up with new and exciting crafts. We offer both public and private workshops. Private workshops for groups are offered for schools, day cares, scout troop, home school groups, summer camps and friends.
One of our most popular workshops is our Family Workshop that takes place on the 3rd Saturday of each month. These low cost workshops encourage parents and grandparents to interact with their children during the craft. The most popular workshops include Fairies and Gnomes and recycled Robots.
We are proud to offer outreach programming for school groups. A visit from the DMMDT can get kids interested in history, geography, architecture, art, science and other cultures through the familiar medium of toys. Our program goal is to help schools address the Colorado Model Content Standards including history, geography, science and art.
We offer workshops for Boy and Girl Scout Troops. Whether you are working on badges, try-its, journeys, or just looking for a fun field trip, Museum staff can find the right workshop for your troop. Some of our most popular workshops include folk dolls, finger puppets, miniature rooms, and miniature gardens.
- To learn more about all of our programming including field trips, Girl Scout workshops, classroom outreach, etc please download our programming list here.
- To sign up for upcoming events please visit http://dmmdtevents.eventbrite.com
- Please email email@example.com for more information regarding our programs.
Due to our impending move, we are offering outreach only at this time, and no programming will be offered March-May 2018.
What do we offer?
Field Trips and Outreach
Due to our impending move, we will not be hosting birthday parties at the Museum after 2/10/2018. If you would like to arrange a Tea Party Birthday Party with Oak and Berries Tea Room, please contact Roxanne for pricing and reservations at 720-351-5123
The Museum is a popular birthday party destination. We offer various craft parties to choose from and a staff person teaches the craft during the birthday party allowing parents to be more present for their children.
Birthday Parties at the Denver Museum of Miniatures, Dolls and Toys are fun for children of all ages! You can get more birthday party info here.
Birthday Parties include:
- Use of the Secret Garden Room for 2 hours (plus setup and cleanup time)
- Admission for guests, see pricing for details
- A staff-facilitated craft workshop
- Self-guided tour of the museum with a Scavenger Hunt
- Paper goods and utensils
- Goody bag for each child
Birthday parties do not include any food or beverages, but you are encouraged to bring any refreshments you would like. Please keep in mind, however, that the Museum does not have a freezer. Parties are booked and hosted by museum staff. Tea parties are booked and hosted by Roxanne Mays with the Oak and Berries Tea Room. She can be reached at (720) 351-5123. Birthdays, craft workshops and teas cannot be combined.
Birthday Party Workshop Choices
Designed for ages 7 and up-
- Clothespin Dolls
- Japanese Paper People
Deluxe Birthday Workshop Options-
- Fairies and Gnomes-ages 6 and up
- Mini Rooms-ages 7 and up
- Mini Gardens-ages 6 and up
Designed for ages 4 and up-
- Jumping Jack Paper Puppets
- Pompom Animals
- Animal Masks
- Japanese Fish Kites
Designed for ages 5 and up-
- Finger Puppets
- Spool Dolls
Designed for ages 6 and up-
- Guatemalan Worry Dolls
- Folk Dolls-Yarn and Cornhusk
- Balancing Toys
- Optical Toys
Room Rental Pricing
-During business hours - Basement classroom only
- $50 for first hour, classroom only, includes up to 30 minutes for setup and up to 30 minutes for clean up
- $25 for each additional hour
- $3-$6 regular admission for guests
-After Hours Room Rentals
- $100 for first hour, rental of the entire Museum, includes
up to 30 minutes for setup and 30 minutes for clean up
- $50 for each additional hour
- $3-$6 regular admission for guests
A deposit of $50 is needed to hold a reservation.
Craft Party Pricing
***Museum members receive $25 off of any party or room rental***
- $150 Party package for 10 children and any number of adults
- $10 for each additional child (maximum 25 guests,
includes children and adults
- $200 Party Pack for 10 children and any number of adults with a deluxe craft activity - Fairy and Gnome Homes, Mini Gardens, or Mini Rooms